PDA

View Full Version : Lowering pH

rdebonis
December 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM
What is the best method to lower pH and gH and maintain them other than RO water? I am keeping Betta brownorum which requires low pH water and very soft water. pH requirement is 4.0 to 5.0, Hardness less than 5gDH. I have been using Almond Leaves and Kents Blackwater Expert. I was wondering if there is another item I could use as well as a buffer to maintain the pH and gDH at these low levels.

bderen
January 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
What is the best method to lower pH and gH and maintain them other than RO water? I am keeping Betta brownorum which requires low pH water and very soft water. pH requirement is 4.0 to 5.0, Hardness less than 5gDH. I have been using Almond Leaves and Kents Blackwater Expert. I was wondering if there is another item I could use as well as a buffer to maintain the pH and gDH at these low levels.

I think you can put peat filtration media into your filter to lower the PH.

alazandv
March 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
yeah, peat media will work great, although might discolor the water slightly.

stevem
March 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
RO is still the best way to go. More expensive at first, but cheaper in the long run.

stevem
March 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM
A cheaper way to go is a brita water filter, keep in mind it may not be cheaper in the long run, and is slow.
Also peat softens the water, but does not always lower the PH.
Soft water and lower PH do not always go hand and hand.

Appoisire
December 20th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Im not sure that you will be able to lower your truck that much if its a 4x4. I could be wrong though. I know lowering 4x4s is way more involved and you can never get as low as with a 2wd.

xoomer
December 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Im not sure that you will be able to lower your truck that much if its a 4x4. I could be wrong though. I know lowering 4x4s is way more involved and you can never get as low as with a 2wd.

^^^ not sure how lowering pH in tank relates to lowering a 4X4, kindly elaborate :chuckle:

stevem
December 23rd, 2009, 12:06 AM
somebody's confused.