PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go?

Nymsley
August 10th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I'm curious about where members like to get their fish/inverts/supplies. There is a list of sponsors but I'm really more interested in people's preferences and their experiences.

Do you have a favorite store that you like to visit? Do you shop online? Do you stick to local breeders/friends?

leshka
August 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
From the places I've been to, the two best by far are both in New Jersey (not too far from NYC though) - Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty (spelling?).

The best fish selection in the city I've seen was in New World Aquarium, followed by Pacific Aquarium & Pet.

As far as Brooklyn, Brooklyn Zoo & Aquarium is the best I've been to. Not as good selection as above mentioned stores, but better then all other Brooklyn based stores.

Halfbeaks1
May 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
I agree. Both Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty are the best shops around. I have seen the best guppies at Pet Shanty bar none; I just wish the tanks were a little cleaner. For coral and frags I would say Ocen Gallery II. on Rt. 22 New Jersey. In N.Y.C. it would have to be New World Aquarium. Has anyone visited New York Aquarium Services on 37th street? I have heard good things about them. :crayfish:

Photowork
December 21st, 2011, 09:02 AM
The best fish selection in the city I've seen was in New World Aquarium, followed by Pacific Aquarium & Pet.

Bonnie
February 17th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I agree. Both Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty are the best shops around. I have seen the best guppies at Pet Shanty bar none; I just wish the tanks were a little cleaner. For coral and frags I would say Ocen Gallery II. on Rt. 22 New Jersey. In N.Y.C. it would have to be New World Aquarium. Has anyone visited New York Aquarium Services on 37th street? I have heard good things about them. :crayfish:

I was at Pet Shanty a month ago and bought 2 Bolivian Rams which were beautiful. I just couldn't leave without them. This is a few years after your post and now the tanks were all super clean, I was very
impressed, the first time I was there. Hope when I go back I see the same clean tanks and selection of fish, which was great.