PDA

View Full Version : Hi- new to forum

HeyNow
March 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Hi All- just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and new to the BAS. I joined after the gentleman that sold me my 125g tank recommended the organization. I am so glad he did!

I currently have all fresh water planted tanks

125g- angels, some platys, brochi cory, upside down cats, 2 small plecos, otos, 2 raphael cats, red tail cat and red tail tiger shovel nose hybrid (Yes I know they get huge- will make arrangements for their own larger tanks once they get to that point- they are still pretty small)

20g- betta, 2 female 1 male guppy, sword tail pair, corys, SAEs and snails (Too many snails!!)

14g- betta, 1 sword tail female, Corys, and a moderate # of snails

6.6g- betta, really small albino corys and 1 oto visiting from my 125 to clean up some algae

20g "as needed" tank- right now its holding rosie feeders for the red tail and hybrid cat. sometimes its a hospital tank or a fry grow out tank

I live on Staten Island. I have a bunch of other pets- 2 golden retrievers, 2 bunnies and 2 horses (they live in NJ, 1 Clydesdale and 1 Thoroughbred)

Looking forward to being a member of the forum. Thanks all!! :wave:

stevem
March 6th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Atleast you put food in the tank for the Red tail cat and the shovel nose( the Platies)
Yes they get real big, Red tail get about 5 feet long.
You can always seal off the basement.

HeyNow
March 7th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah the platies were the original fish used to cycle the tank. We are actually feeding the hybrid and the redtail rosies. They like to be hand fed.

I wouldn't mind sealing the basement off...I was actually checking out 300+ gallon stock tanks (like they use for watering horses out on pasture)

stevem
March 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I would be very jealous

xoomer
March 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I had a shovelnose that went from 2 to some 14 inches very quickly. It used to eat 40-50 gold fish per meal before I gave him away. I only fed him every couple of weeks. I used to give him frozen shrimp in between his meals. This thing could eat and I think the red tail is even worse.