Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum

Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/index.php)
-   Fish (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I think my Harlequin Rasbora is very sick (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1880)

chilis10 November 10th, 2014 03:42 PM

I think my Harlequin Rasbora is very sick
 
Hi all,

I am writing to you today because I need help with one of my fish. I do not know exactly what he has. I thought it was ich so I treated him for 4 days with mardell quick cure. It seemed to be okay when I transferred him back to the main tank. He has a great appetite and it is eating well but his body and the way he swims suggest that he is sick. I am not sure if it is still ich. Can you please help me in understanding what is going on? I am including a video link, so you can have a better idea.
http://youtu.be/W9z1wq8kg5c

Thank you,

Yenny

stevem November 12th, 2014 03:48 PM

If it is ick it will be small white dots on his fins and body
if so 4 days is not enough, iCk has about a 3 to week life cycle
so min. 3 weeks quarantine
if it is just swimming funny, then might be swim bladder. In that case not much to do

chilis10 November 12th, 2014 04:50 PM

Re: I think my harlequin rasbora is very sick
 
Thank you for your prompt reply. I do not think it is ich.


Quote:

Originally Posted by stevem (Post 4335)
If it is ick it will be small white dots on his fins and body
if so 4 days is not enough, iCk has about a 3 to week life cycle
so min. 3 weeks quarantine
if it is just swimming funny, then might be swim bladder. In that case not much to do


dsuperman November 12th, 2014 10:16 PM

From that video it doesn't look like ich. Do you see waste coming out of that fish? It looks bloated, if it was my fish i would still try something. i would quarantine again,raise the heat,add salt and no feeding it for two days. Then i would feed it a pea, no shell. Good luck.

stevem November 12th, 2014 10:52 PM

ich
 
u would see white spec on your fish
sounds like swim bladder

stevem November 12th, 2014 10:53 PM

also remember when treating for ich raise the temp to about 84. it speed up their life cycle

chilis10 November 13th, 2014 12:49 AM

Re:
 
Thank you for the advice Steve. I appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevem (Post 4340)
also remember when treating for ich raise the temp to about 84. it speed up their life cycle


chilis10 November 13th, 2014 12:51 AM

Re:
 
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will try that. And thank you for the good wishes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsuperman (Post 4337)
From that video it doesn't look like ich. Do you see waste coming out of that fish? It looks bloated, if it was my fish i would still try something. i would quarantine again,raise the heat,add salt and no feeding it for two days. Then i would feed it a pea, no shell. Good luck.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Page generated in 0.03876 seconds with 10 queries