Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum

Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Q & A Contest ??? (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1838)

elcue October 4th, 2014 04:12 PM

Q & A Contest ???

So I read in this month’s bulletin, that a Q&A contest started on Oct 1st. I have a question about the photo contest, so I thought that I’d post my question there, and pick up five points, for posing the question. The contest is outlined on page 7 of the Bulletin and states: The Brooklyn Aquarium Society’s Educating Aquarists Q & A feature is located on our Forum…Post your question as a normal online post in the Q & A section. So now I have another question, which would mean that my photo contest question becomes my second question (and another five points :chuckle:). Here’s my first question: Where is the Q & A feature/ Q & A section located on our Forum??? :scratchhead: If there is supposed to be a special section/thread, I can’t find it. Does the first question start it? (is this it?) Or are the questions just going to be mixed in w/ everything else and we have to hunt for them?, Do we get extra points for finding them?? And is this question what you would consider a “normal online post”? oh wait, :chuckle: that’s another question… So now my third question, which was originally my first question, is regarding the Photo Contest: When is the deadline for submitting photos? Page 6 of the Bulletin states: All entries will be accepted starting Friday, August 1st, 2014 through Sunday, October 13th, 2014, AND, DEADLINE: Contest ends midnight Sunday October 19th, 2014. Any late entries will not be considered. :confused: So, when's the deadline, Sunday, October 13, or Sunday, October19 ? Don’t answer Sunday October 13, because this year its a MONDAY

Ps Don’t forget my points :chuckle:

dsuperman October 4th, 2014 11:09 PM

You have a lotta questions.... i mean points. I would guess if sunday was a monday then the 13th of oct. is the last when you can submit a photo. The 19th is when the results are tallied? No points for that,its not a fish type of aquarium related question. I would think a Q&A post would be started in one place as to be centrally located rather than go hunting, i dunno. Maybe this IS it. Lemme see,carry the one ,minus 5 = 17.5 points for you . Congrats.:chuckle: OR... please refer to the "sarge shultzie" vid for further guidance.

elcue October 5th, 2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsuperman (Post 4248)
You have a lotta questions.... i mean points. I would guess if sunday was a monday then the 13th of oct. is the last when you can submit a photo. The 19th is when the results are tallied? No points for that,its not a fish type of aquarium related question. I would think a Q&A post would be started in one place as to be centrally located rather than go hunting, i dunno. Maybe this IS it. Lemme see,carry the one ,minus 5 = 17.5 points for you . Congrats.:chuckle: OR... please refer to the "sarge shultzie" vid for further guidance.

You've made a valid point. I think. I'm not really sure. I'm not on the committee

:chuckle: