Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum

Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/index.php)
-   Fish (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   trigger fish (http://forum.brooklynaquariumsociety.org/showthread.php?t=94)

SqueakyClean May 8th, 2009 03:08 PM

trigger fish

I always loved trigger fish, are there any triggers that are not as aggressive?

stevem May 8th, 2009 03:28 PM

trigger fish

Even though most trigger are very aggressive, not all are.There is a pink tail trigger, and a blue throat trigger, both are pretty peacefull. The blue throat does hide alot, especially when first introduced to the tank. Both are hardy fish, and easy to keep. I have seen both in reefs, with out any problems. The third trigger that comes to mind is the niger, more aggressive then the other two, and I would not put it in a reef. Still not as aggressive as a tipical trigger, also very hardy. One of the things I like about the niger is when feedding them they will sometimes spit water from the tank if you are not fast enough.

alazandv May 14th, 2009 07:12 PM

BTW for those of you who keep triggers I recommend you visit Plum Beach area and look under rocks for green crabs. They come in all sizes and will make perfect food for your triggers. They'll trully enjoy dovouring them.

stevem May 14th, 2009 08:44 PM

feeding triggers

I do the same thing, they love them.

stevem February 23rd, 2012 07:48 PM

trigger fish

There are 2 triggers that I know, that do not get aggresive. the first is the pink tail, and the other is the blue throat. i have a blue throat now and he is fine

michaeljee January 5th, 2013 01:14 AM

Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.
Regards

stevem January 5th, 2013 05:07 PM

trigger fish

I have had the yellow tail, he was very mild mannered.
I have a blue throat now for about 1 1/2 -2 years. he is very hardy. They do grow slow, so do not worry about there potential size so much. The blue throat is a bit shy. when first introduce they will hide for a while, it is normal for them.
They are beautiful fish, try to get a male they have a much more blue colored throat. As they get bigger the blue area gets brighter and larger

stevem January 5th, 2013 05:46 PM

I see you are a new member to our forum. Great to have you, hope to be seeing your post.

StuHersh May 11th, 2013 11:11 AM

:devil:

StuHersh May 11th, 2013 11:42 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stevem May 11th, 2013 12:08 PM

posting

Stu Posted 2 yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

stevem May 11th, 2013 12:08 PM

Just need a few more

StuHersh May 11th, 2013 12:38 PM

ask and you shall receive

StuHersh May 11th, 2013 12:39 PM

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

StuHersh May 11th, 2013 12:42 PM

:fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy:

stevem May 11th, 2013 12:44 PM

do the little figure count
very cute by the way

robertprice May 20th, 2013 11:33 PM

Where the Humuhumunukuapua'a Go swimmingly Gently By

My favorite is the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a. I caught one scuba diving in Hawaii in 1992. It was only my second dive alone, and I pulled it out the reef by it's tail. I put it my collecting net and turned around as I thought I heard a boat siren, and was confronted by an eye the size of a plate. It was a 20 foot Beluga Whale watching me. After nearly freaking out, I got it packed it in oxygen and brought it home. It is a very intelligent, attractive fish that needs some room, but is rather easy to keep. It liived with s Stonefish that I also caught an nearly stepped on right on Waikiki in a fish only tank. They don't tell tourists , but Waikiki Beach is chock full of Stonefish from the Sheraton Beach right over to Hale Koa.

stevem May 21st, 2013 05:06 PM

huma huma or picaso trigger are beautiful fish my fav trigger is the clown. Both pretty nasty, i have known people to be bitten by both. even a dog

robertprice May 21st, 2013 08:42 PM

Tiggerfish Bite!

My Humu used to bite me. I don't think he ever forgave me for pulling out of a Hanauma Bay reef by his tail. Had to get rid of him when I moved to Nevada. Lots of stuff won't live or has to be kept with different equipment in Tahoe. Altitude too high and air too thin.