View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Halfbeaks1
Egg

Default Water Garden Tubs

Water garden tubs are a great side project if you have some room in your backyard.
I picked up two large plastic planters from The Christmas Tree store last year for about 10.00 each. The planters had no holes in the bottom and were watertight. I added some gravel, small Water Lilies and Java Moss into each planter. In one planter I put 3- pairs of Black Bar Endlers and the other I put 4- Female Bettas. I ended up in the beginning of September with about 100 Endlers of all sizes and 3 of the nicest fattest female bettas. 1 did disappear but I still consider this a success. This year I set up the planters the same way but the choices of fish were 5- Cherry Barbs in one of the planters and 5- Fundulus chrysotus in the other. The planters have been set up about 3-weeks now and I now see a bunch of Cherry Barb fry swimming around with the adults. I am just waiting on the Fundulus fry since I have been watching them spawning in the plants every day. These are great fun to set up and almost no work other than topping off or changing some water when I remember.
Halfbeaks1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03006 seconds with 10 queries