Thread: Tank Problems
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Rossf1
Egg

I thought the tank was fully cycled. It was running as a cichlid tank for many years.

I was sold a snowflake eel and was told kit will live with them fine. Needless to say this was not the case.

My son really liked the Eel so I decided to make the tank real brackish wit marine salt not cichlid salt to better

suite the Eel.

One thing led to another and I realized my salinity was up at 1.016 which is where all my lfs keep teir saltwater fish. So I purchased a few damsils and Left them and the cichlids in the tank for two weeks. Then I started moving the cichlids to my office cichlid tank and started stocking this with fish. All small by the way

That is how I got to where I am now. So how do I fix ammonia and Nitrite problem. Water changed twice with no luck. Added some prime and seachem stabilizer since you said I was cycling I felt it may help things along. I also purchased like 15 lbs of live rock and added to the tank the past 2 days.

My goal is Healthy happy fish and a healthy tank. Any suggestions what to do next?
Rossf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03225 seconds with 10 queries