View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #2
rdebonis
Fry

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanlove View Post
my father got me and kids a 3 gallon tank. fresh water. i have no idea what kinds of fish, how many fish, and where to shop in Brooklyn. Can anyone offer recommendations on any or all of these? thank you!
Go to your Local Fish Store and speak with them. I can recommend Petland Discount or Brooklyn Zoo, 2 of our sponsors. Look at the fish they recommend and pick the ones you like the best. Get a small beginners book from the Fish Store on how to set up a Freshwater tank and take care of the fish and read it. The most important thing is to not overstock the tank, no more than 2 small fish (1 to 1 1/2 inches) per gallon is safe. No more than a Total of 6 SMALL fish this includes a small catfish, no more. You will need a small filter and heater and 1 or 2 small plants.

I would also recommend 1 Blue Paradise fish (about 2 to 3 inches) in a 3 gallon tank and some plants. if you go with this fish, it is low maintenance, and is very colorful, but it is a tough fish and prefers to be alone or it may become aggressive and attack other fish. You may also want to look at the Siamese Fighting fish aka the Betta. It can be kept with other fish as long as they are not male Bettas, but remember like the Paradise fish, it is a larger fish, about 3 inches.

Good Luck and let us know what you get.

Page generated in 0.03025 seconds with 10 queries