View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM   #2
Astchiefy
Premium Member

Well first let's just say that it is great that you've taken the time to ask how best to care for these animals. Goldfish are pretty easy to care for but require good filtration in a small tank. You don't state whether that fluvial provided is a internal or canister filter. If its in good shape it should do well provided it makes carbon pad changes changes easy enough that you'll keep up with maintenance. They poop a lot which often pushes people to buy bottom feeders. Most bottom feeders don't clean the tank of goldfish poop so this often results in starved bottom dwellers or dirty water. Goldfish tend to grow nicely, so fewer fish will be kept in a smaller tank such as 10 gallon. Gold fish are cold water as long as the tank is kept above the 50 degree mark indoors. You can find the finned friends often in frozen over ponds in winter but indoors i doubt youll have that problem. A good gravel cleaning while performing regular water changes and filter maintenance will definitely get you off to a good start. My personal preference in feeding goldies was pellets rather than flakes but that's my pref. It helps keep the gravel cleaner cause you can add small pellets and removed uneaten food. Goldfish love eating plants like duck weed and leafy veggies. Keeping the set up simple along with good maintenance will help caring for these animals easier than expected.
Astchiefy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03209 seconds with 10 queries