View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #5
aquagardner
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagardner View Post
I just renewed membership after a break of 5 years.
I had planted tanks and have got the bug to do it again; also I got the nursery room back from a growing son!

The one thing I remember about BAS was that the meetings were way out in Brooklyn [I live in Manhattan]
and the Auctions were fantastic- not only did I get to see and buy plants and fish at auction, they had some tables set up with vendors so you could just buy a plant or books and get information.

I’m sure some of the long time members will tell you- With the Auction, there was a potluck dinner too,
they even had a raffle and members won tanks and stuff!

There were a lot of different types of people who shared some of the same interests, and they were knowledgeable, experienced and willing to share that with me. It wasn’t about making a buck, and for many, aquariums are a part of life. The membership stimulated me to study and read and experiment. I learned how
to grow Madagascar plants [ Aponogeton madasgascariensis] from the Bulletin and learned how to take it easy and not get addicted to spending unnecessarily .
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience"
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
aquagardner is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 10 queries