Thread: ram
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #9
elcue

Default Marina container

Dsuperman, I couldn’t agree more, this thing is great – a prefabricated contraption. I discovered the Marina breeding/holding container last month; I ordered another last night. I saw it and thought that I’d give it a try to segregate my neocardina, from the cardina that I got from Rachel O’leary at last month’s mtg. Works great, adjustable water flow, everything is neat and tidy, and no worries of losing anything to a water change. Its going to work great for eggs/fry. I was using a floating fry saver w/ a sponge filter that had an adjustable uplift. I’d have to wedge the saver in the tank, so that it wouldn’t be draw to the filter’s overflow, causing it to flip; then position the sponge filter so that the uplift’s water would fall into the saver. Worked great, fry were in a small space for feeding, didn’t have to worry about them going up the Python, but it made working in the main tank a pain, something was always in the way. My other homemade contraption was the bottom of a bloodworm keeper on a shelf. I’d then divert water from the filter’s overflow into the keeper. Again worked great, but this thing is so much better. When the new one arrives my Celestial pearl danio pair are going in, just have to get some java moss and it will be perfect.

Lisa

ps nice videos/fish
elcue is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03231 seconds with 10 queries