View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM   #8
rdebonis
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
Loaches eat everything else, you don't have to move them after they are done "cleaning" your tank.
Loaches are an interesting and varied species of fish, but I don't collect nor am I interested in loaches. I specialize in other fish. It should be mentioned here that the Clown Loach can attain a length of 12 inches and is too big for most aquarists tanks. The Pakistani Loach or "YoYo" Loach is smaller, but can reach a length of 6 inches, which in my opinion, is still too big for aquariums less than 30 gallons. My tanks are species tanks. If I were to use fish to "clean my tanks" I would use Corydorus catfish which are a reasonable size and I have an interest in. I know Cory's don't kill snails (however they will eat snail eggs), but why would I go to all the trouble to buy and quarantine a fish that I have no interest in and that will in all probability outgrow my tank within a year, just to kill some snails? It makes no sense to me, since I can get rid of the snails by manually removing them.

Last edited by rdebonis; July 21st, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
rdebonis is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02858 seconds with 10 queries