Go Back   Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum > Freshwater > General Discussion

General Discussion General Freshwater Aquaria Discussion.

Old August 10th, 2009, 02:01 AM   #1
Nymsley
Egg

Default Where do you go?

I'm curious about where members like to get their fish/inverts/supplies. There is a list of sponsors but I'm really more interested in people's preferences and their experiences.

Do you have a favorite store that you like to visit? Do you shop online? Do you stick to local breeders/friends?
Nymsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
leshka
Egg

From the places I've been to, the two best by far are both in New Jersey (not too far from NYC though) - Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty (spelling?).

The best fish selection in the city I've seen was in New World Aquarium, followed by Pacific Aquarium & Pet.

As far as Brooklyn, Brooklyn Zoo & Aquarium is the best I've been to. Not as good selection as above mentioned stores, but better then all other Brooklyn based stores.
leshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Halfbeaks1
Egg

I agree. Both Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty are the best shops around. I have seen the best guppies at Pet Shanty bar none; I just wish the tanks were a little cleaner. For coral and frags I would say Ocen Gallery II. on Rt. 22 New Jersey. In N.Y.C. it would have to be New World Aquarium. Has anyone visited New York Aquarium Services on 37th street? I have heard good things about them.
Halfbeaks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Photowork
Egg

The best fish selection in the city I've seen was in New World Aquarium, followed by Pacific Aquarium & Pet.
Photowork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Bonnie
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbeaks1 View Post
I agree. Both Absolutely Fish and Pet Shanty are the best shops around. I have seen the best guppies at Pet Shanty bar none; I just wish the tanks were a little cleaner. For coral and frags I would say Ocen Gallery II. on Rt. 22 New Jersey. In N.Y.C. it would have to be New World Aquarium. Has anyone visited New York Aquarium Services on 37th street? I have heard good things about them.

I was at Pet Shanty a month ago and bought 2 Bolivian Rams which were beautiful. I just couldn't leave without them. This is a few years after your post and now the tanks were all super clean, I was very
impressed, the first time I was there. Hope when I go back I see the same clean tanks and selection of fish, which was great.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote