Go Back   Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum > Freshwater > General Discussion

General Discussion General Freshwater Aquaria Discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Bonnie
Fry
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 16 Bonnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Habrosus or Pygmeus

Anybody breeding either of these cory's? Trying to find some healthy ones that don't
die before I even get them home.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 03:24 PM   #2
elcue
Fry
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 148
Rep Power: 11 elcue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Anybody breeding either of these cory's? Trying to find some healthy ones that don't
die before I even get them home.
Isn't it so damn aggravating! I lost a group not that long ago, I don't think I had them two weeks.
I have two month old C. stenocephalus if you're interested (they're not cute, but they are catfish)

elcue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Bonnie
Fry
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 16 Bonnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcue View Post
Isn't it so damn aggravating! I lost a group not that long ago, I don't think I had them two weeks.
I have two month old C. stenocephalus if you're interested (they're not cute, but they are catfish)

Thank you but no, I was looking for something that stays nice and small. It's just so ridiculous! I buy them from other sources, some are dead in the bag when it arrives, the rest dye in a few weeks, the same story. I had some last for about a year once and then they just started dying off. And then you hear the people who have 40 of them swimming around! Weird..
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #4
elcue
Fry
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 148
Rep Power: 11 elcue is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thank you but no, I was looking for something that stays nice and small. It's just so ridiculous! I buy them from other sources, some are dead in the bag when it arrives, the rest dye in a few weeks, the same story. I had some last for about a year once and then they just started dying off. And then you hear the people who have 40 of them swimming around! Weird..
Don't know if this is an option for you; have you tried posting to the Facebook pages? Lots of activity there...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...11448028885209

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BAS.FB/

..and NJAS, sometime they come to the BAS mtgs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225934154250878/


Good luck, if I see them I'll post...
elcue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #5
Bonnie
Fry
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 16 Bonnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thanks for the info
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:50 PM   #6
john fox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bklyn
Posts: 332
Rep Power: 19 john fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I just bought Corey's at world class ; so far so good 😎🐠
john fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #7
dsuperman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 157
Rep Power: 10 dsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

You might take a look at "trin" on AB.I haven't bought cories from them but do know them from the forums and think they are reputable. Good luck.
__________________
dsuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.06946 seconds with 11 queries