Go Back   Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum > Saltwater > Reef Discussion

Reef Discussion Topics about reef related subject. Corals, Invertebrates, Reef Safe Fish, etc.

Old September 30th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #1
fishtank1980
Egg

Rep Power: 0 fishtank1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Macna XXI Atlantic City Was Great!!!

To all you Reef Addicts,

You guys should've been there it was great, it was my first time and I had a wonderful time and I ended up winning 2 out of the at least 100 raffle's they had so I came home with a beautiful ORA RED PLANET FRAG which is a show piece in every way possible and I also won about 4 little acan frags.
They raffled From a 56" LCD , 300g tank, stand, light and more, 180g full setup, 56g tank with all the livestock in it, chillers, RO systems, Vortechs Mp10 -MP40 , everything a reefer can dream of having they raffled off.

Over all I had a blast you guys should check it out next time its in AC..
I believe next year it will be in Orlando FL, its worth the trip you wil get to see and most likely sample everything the reef world has to offer, all the new toys for us big babies...lol

Thanks, Eddie
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #2
rdebonis
Fry

Eddie, it's great to see a guy with your enthusiasm. It almost makes me want to start a Reef Tank, but unfortunately I'm too heavy into Fresh Water at this time. Please keep up the great Posts, I enjoy reading them. Did you come on the Atlantis Trip this year? They had a knockout Reef exhibit there. I'm pretty sure we will do it again next year.

Last edited by rdebonis; September 30th, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
rdebonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #3
fishtank1980
Egg

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdebonis View Post
Eddie, it's great to see a guy with your enthusiasm. It almost makes me want to start a Reef Tank, but unfortunately I'm too heavy into Fresh Water at this time. Please keep up the great Posts, I enjoy reading them. Did you come on the Atlantis Trip this year? They had a knockout Reef exhibit there. I'm pretty sure we will do it again next year.

Thank You very much for the kind words!
I've been in the fish tank world since I was very young, I always had fresh water & salt waterr setups.
Then I started with the reef tanks and I gave everything up when I realized what kind of beautiful colors I was missing out on, and please don't get me wrong fresh water is also beautiful but salt water is amazing in a completely different aspect.
I recently started a Reef forum for Brooklyn thats different from all the others because I thought there where none in Brooklyn but I was wrong because a friend told me about this great community that has a little of everything so I try to share my knowledge and opinions with everyone. I hope the Owners/Admin of this site don't mind.
I never made it to the Atlantis Trip maybe next time around.

Once again Thank You...

Thanks, Eddie
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:37 AM   #4
alazandv
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard fishtank.

There are at least 3 more reef fora online that are local besides this and yours.
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM   #5
fishtank1980
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazandv View Post
Welcome aboard fishtank.

There are at least 3 more reef fora online that are local besides this and yours.
Thank You... I want to make all local forums and local fish stores a part of my forum, most forums don't do that because their scared people will leave their forum. I like to surf all forums to see whats new and read articles and info that other forums don't have.. Thats why I would like to provide that on my site.
I was banned off of another site because they said I spammed which is crazy because I guess they where intimadated by my website. We share a hobby so we should also share information with others.
I would add a link board or thread on BrooklynReefs.com to every forum in the world if I was allowed to, why not....

Thanks, Eddie