Go Back   Brooklyn Aquarium Society - Public Forum > Saltwater > General Discussion

General Discussion General Marine Aquaria Discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Rossf1
Egg

Default Angel fish in reef tank

Hello,

My tank is 150 gallons. I have a aquean profllex 4 sump runnung underneath with a refrugium center chamber.
150 lbs live sand maybe more 150 lbs live rock.

here is my problem. I have a few coral frags I keep in the refrugium. none in the tank.

the tank had a yellow tang, hipo tang, sail fin, mandarin, and some few small fish.

over the last month or so i added a empror angel, died in 2 weeks, a majestic angel, died in a week, bicolor died in a few weeks. though tas icy, did copper in hospital tank, still side. also a small french angel.

i tried a few again in main tank, a majestic, flame, and butterfly. all fine for 3 days then all dead the next.

so today I call the guy who owns the local fish store and he says take a video of my tank and bring to him. so i do. he claims that the live rock, and the live sand are causing them to get parasites and die. in order to keep any of these types of angels safely i need fish only and treat tank with copper. he said it has something to do with the types of scales on theses fish.

is he right? my coral beauty is fine, hippo tang, yellow tang, sail fin, pj cardinals, snowflake eel all do just fine. angels keep dying as fast as i can get them.

i need help. water temp 78, ph 8.4 no ammonia, nitrate or nitrite. angels and butterflies just wont live what am i doing wrong....

is it the live rock and invertebrates making them sick? it doesn't sound right but I do not know enough to be sure.

also have a uv going and salinity at 1.023-1.024

thanks all help appreciated i really want some angels in the tank

ross
Rossf1 is offline   Reply With Quote